10 Things To Do The Week Before Your Wedding
It’s the final countdown to the most important day of your life! There must be a million and one things running through your head at this point, so here’s a quick checklist to make sure that you have everything in order!
1. By this time you would have completed your final gown fitting. Make sure that the size is perfect and all alterations are complete. Remember to collect all accompanying accessories such as your wedding veil, bridal petticoat/can-can etc when you pick up your gown and tuxedo!
2. Your wedding guest list should be confirmed by now, but do remember to have a spare table on standby just in case you get guests who bring extra plus-ones at the last minute without informing you in advance!
3. Brief your bridal party and ensure that everyone is clear on their roles on the big day! It’s best to assign a pair of bridesmaids / groomsmen each to take care of outfits, props, administrative items such as your identification card and marriage certificate and wedding bands etc. You don’t want to be stressing out over these on your most important day.
4. If you need to pay your vendors e.g. make-up artists etc on the spot after their service, make sure you prepare their payment in advance and assign someone to handle the money and payment for you.
5. Confirm the reporting time for your photographer, make-up artists and other vendors beforehand and connect them to a key person so they can contact them upon reaching the venue.
6. If you have not done so, it’s time to write your vows! Dedicate some quiet time alone for this and be sure to print an extra copy! You can also save a soft copy in your phone just in case your hard copy goes missing on that day.
7. Pack an emergency beauty kit and pass this on to your bridesmaids to bring around on that day – this should include essentials such as lipstick, powder and blotting paper for touch up, some dry and wet tissues, breath mints, eyelash glue, safety pins and fashion tape.
8. Pack your overnight bag if you are staying the night at the hotel after your lunch / dinner party.
9. Bring a pair of flats or slippers for the times in between your photoshoots and the lunch/dinner party – your feet will be grateful for the break from those sky-high heels!
10. Ring or write your wedding venue beforehand to have a steam iron on standby, especially if you are planning to have a gown change for your second march in and will need to straighten your gown that might have creased on its way to the venue!